Assuming the rosters stay the same, here are my very premature regular season predictions. I have limited to not detail on what may transpire the rest of the of the NFL offseason, but wanted to get something out prior to the NFL draft. I have added quick hits for each team, in the most remedial of ways. It will be fun to compare at a later date and see just how wrong I was.
- This the Bills division to lose. Josh Allen and team mature another year. All good things.
- The Dolphins adding Tyreek Hill is the single best addition to any team, to date, this offseason.
- Bill Belichick will have his team ready to play. Mac Jones takes a step forward. He will not be elite, but better than he was.
- We expect the Jets to make a splash at wide receiver, but it has not happened yet. With the current roster they will be better, but not by much.
|NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS||11||6|
|NEW YORK JETS||6||11|
- The Ravens bring back a healthy J.K. Dobbins and will look to have Lamar Jackson under center for all seventeen games.
- Mitchell Trubisky is better than people think. Najee Harris is a load. The defense is stacked. This team is good, especially absent AARP Big Ben.
- A decline is on the horizon. The Cincinnati Bengals are not getting worse, the AFC is getting better, every single year.
- Deshaun Watson helps the Browns, but with many distractions, and a lot of unaddressed issues on defense, they will not be particularly good in 2022.
- The Matt Ryan signing is the second most important offseason signing this year. This immediately makes the Colts a Super Bowl contender.
- Tennessee has improved on the offensive side of the ball, adding Robert Woods, and return a healthy Derrick Henry. There are several holes in the defense that need to be addressed, but they will score a ton of points and win games.
- I am anxious to see what Travis Etienne adds – finally on the field with his college QB, Trevor Lawrence. Christian Kirk stretches the field some, but it is not enough to compete in this division?
- The Houston Texans will be the worst team in the NFL.
- I have the Chargers in the AFC Championship game. I am extremely high on Justin Herbert, and this team.
- Russell Wilson improves the team, and they are now a playoff team. There are a bunch of new toys for Russ to play with.
- The Chiefs will sneak in as a wild card, but the loss of Tyreek Hill will be felt far and wide. Hill’s individual contribution will be missed, but the attention he drew will be even more missed by Travis Kelce and company.
- Davante Adams, Hunter Renfrow and Darren Waller are really something, with Josh Jacobs and Kenyan Drake this is beefy. The division and conference are just too good.
|LOS ANGELES CHARGERS||13||4|
|KANSAS CITY CHIEFS||10||7|
|LAS VEGAS RAIDERS||8||9|